Another new recipe from Dr. Laura Brenner of Studholme Chiropractic! They host free information sessions regarding Ideal Protein and how it can help with both small and large amounts of desired weight loss. Call (303-939-0004) for the best time to join Dr. Laura Brenner to learn more about how she can help you.
- 12 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 cups asparagus, lightly steamed and chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 pint (2 cups) of cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bunch Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 bunches mint leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- your favorite type of salad greens.
- Bring the water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the quinoa, stir once, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, over medium heat for 12 minutes.
- Strain and rinse well with cold water and remove all moisture.
- When dry, transfer the quinoa to a large bowl. Add the cucumbers, onion, tomato, parsley, mint, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper and toss well.
- Spoon onto greens and serve.