- This event has passed.
Life’s Too Short Fitness Class
March 7 @ 6:15 pm - 7:30 pm
Get Strong at the Roost with Life’s 2 Short Fitness Classes
Strength and conditioning work is just as important as putting in the mileage, if not more so. Join Life’s 2 Short fitness at Runners Roost Denver on Tuesday nights at 6:15 p.m.for a special 8 week training program just for runners, starting on January 17th!
- Specific exercises to strengthen muscles needed to run stronger, longer focusing on building strength for the steep hills and endurance for the long runs.
- Work on balance and posture – crucial for trail runners!
- Exercises to target feet, ankles, and commonly ignored small stabilizing muscles throughout the body.
- Running form and cardio drills to improve anaerobic threshold and running efficiency.
- 15 minutes of foam roll and lacrosse ball rolling at the end of class to break down scar tissue, improve recovery, circulation, and flexibility.
- Stretches to target commonly tight muscles in runners that can lead to injury.
- Workout and exercise recommendations for what you should be doing at home to maintain and build strength between sessions.